Physics of Disordered and Glassy Systems,
Computer Science and more...
* How to record a signals with the least number of measurement?
This is the subject of Compressed sensing theory, which has received
a lot of attention recently. With my colleagues we have
proposed a new approach
to this problem which seems very
First reactions are really positive!
The ASPICS PAGE contains codes, and
data on our approach.
* For the other projects using statistical physics for different problems, see my WASP (Widely Applied Statistical Physics) page. In particular for the community detection problem we have the MODE_NET project
* Disordered systems * Glasses and spin glasses * Constraint Optimization Problems (e.g. Graph Coloring and K-Satisfiability) * Inference and reconstruction problems (e.g. Compressed sensing and Tomography) * Nonequilibrium statistical physics * Numerical simulations and computations * Soft Matter physics * Quantum Phase Transitions
Education and Employment
Associate professor (Maître de conférences) at ESPCI ParisTech, 2004-present
Postdoctoral Fellow, Università di Roma la Sapienza, 2002-2004
Ph.D. in Physics, LPTMS, Université d'Orsay Paris-Sud, 1999-2002
* Statistical-Physics-Based Reconstruction in Compressed Sensing,
F. Krzakala1, M. Mézard, F. Sausset, Y. F. Sun and
Phys. Rev. X
2, 021005 (2012)
* Inference in particle tracking experiments by passing messages between images Tracking particles by passing messages between images, M. Chertkov, L. Kroc, F. Krzakala, M. Vergassola and L. Zdeborova, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 107, 7663 2010
* Simple Glass Model and their Quantum Annealing, T. Jorg, F. Krzakala, J. Kurchan and A. C. Maggs, Phys. Rev. Lett. 101, 147204 (2008)
* Gibbs states and the set of solutions of random constraint satisfaction problems, F. Krzakala, A. Montanari, F. Ricci-Tersenghi, G. Semerjian and L. Zdeborova, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 104, 10318 2007
* Spin and link overlaps in 3-dimensional spin glasses, F. Krzakala and O. C. Martin, Phys. Rev. Lett 85, 3013 (2000)
Lab. de Physico-Chimie Theorique
UMR CNRS 7083 Gulliver
Tel: +33 (0)1 40 79 44 34
Fax: +33 (0)1 40 79 47 31
Lab PCT, 10 Rue Vauquelin
75231 Paris Cedex 05 FRANCE
To come and see me
ESPCI is in the center of Paris, close to the Pantheon. My office is F.3.14 (scale F, third floor)